Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
Are you looking to join a dynamic global industry leader that can boast nearly 120 years of excellence, growth, and continuing innovation? Do you hold yourself to the highest of standards? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
About the role:
BSI EHS Services and Solutions is seeking an experienced Principal Occupational Health & Safety Consultant with prior Occupational Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene consulting experience. Expectations include a passion to grow a business, manage and mentor staff, and provide exceptional service to clients. The ideal candidate would have established relationships with pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, higher education institutions, manufacturing, and/or construction clients in the Mid Atlantic region.
You will leverage BSI's existing relationships and resources, successfully sell, and consult on a range of Occupational Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene projects. This is an opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global EHS leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing BSI's global strategy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic business/action plan
- Through business development, sales, and client relationships...expand the Mid Atlantic (D.C., DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA) client base, including pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, higher education institutions, manufacturing, and/or construction industry sectors
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business, including consulting and compliance services
- Serve as senior resource for Occupational Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygiene program marketing, project implementation, and related activities
- Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality
- Lead, manage performance, hire, and retain, inspire and mentor EHS personnel for overall success of the practice
- Desired areas of consulting experience include:
- EHS conformance assessments and risk assessments
- Program development and implementation
- Developing and delivering EHS training
- Environmental plans, permits, reporting, etc. (air, water, wastewater, hazardous waste, etc.)
- EHS & ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 audits and program development
- 10+ years of Occupational Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygieneconsulting experience
- BS/MS in industrial hygiene, biology, environmental/civil/chemical engineering, environmental studies, or related science degree is preferred
- CIH, CSP, CHMM, CPEA, or similar registration desired
- HAZWOPER 40-hour, trained and current 8-hour refresher preferred
- A solid track record of at least five (5) years of successful business development and sales experience
- Established relationships in the pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, higher education institutions, manufacturing, and/or construction industry sectors is preferred
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful sales and market share growth strategies
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and drive sales
- Solid grasp of management issues, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety, and Industrial Hygieneprogram best practices
What we offer:
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.