Great that you're thinking about a career with BSI!
Are you looking to join a dynamic global industry leader that can boast nearly 120 years of excellence, growth, and continuing innovation? Do you hold yourself to the highest of standards? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
About the role:
BSI EHS Consulting Servicesis seeking an experienced Environmental Project Manager with Environmental Remediation Project Management experiencewho has a passion to help our clients manage their environmental liabilities, manage and mentor staff, and provide exceptional service to clients.
The ideal candidate would have remediation project experience for Fortune 500 companies, along with technical expertise leading multi-media environmental remediation projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Corporate remediation group and/or consulting experience managing environmental projects as an owner's representative. This role is a full-time, onsite position working with the Project team.
Project Manager, Environmental Remediation Essential Responsibilities:
- Serve as resource for Environmental Remediation projects and related activities. Achieve client's expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Specific focus areas include:
- Remedial investigations, conceptual site models, feasibility studies, remedial design, and long-term operations and maintenance of remedial systems.
- Remedial technologies, including in-situ and ex-site, innovative technologies, and sustainable remediation.
- Negotiating with regulatory agencies and property owners.
- Community and stakeholder relations.
- Procurement of technical consulting and contracting services.
- Acquisition and divestiture due diligence.
- Detailed understanding of regulatory schemes, including RCRA Corrective Action, CERCLA, State property transfer programs, voluntary programs, etc.
- Financial accounting standards and setting environmental reserves
- Environmental permitting and regulatory compliance (air, flood hazard areas, wetlands, discharge to surface water and groundwater, hazardous waste, etc.)
- BS in environmental/civil/chemical engineering, chemistry, geology or related degree is a minimum requirement, MS degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 8-12 years of experience required. A minimum of 3-5 years managing multiple projects in a PM or APM role preferred.
- PE, PG, CSP, CHMM or similar registration desired.
- Experience managing environmental remediation projects.
- HAZWOPER 40-hour, and current on 8-hour refresher.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, including technical report writing and data evaluation as well as detailed field (on-site) observations and associated documentation
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and drive sales in consulting services.
- Established relationships with Information Technology, health care and/or manufacturing clients desired.
- Solid grasp of management issues, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of EHS program best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key relevant regulators.
What we offer:
BSI offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
Our Excellence Behaviours: Client-centric, Agile, Collaborative. These three behaviours represent how we do things at BSI. They help us ensure that BSI is a great place to work and a highly successful business.
BSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity.
BSI is conducting face-to-face interviews where appropriate and possible. If you are invited to a face-to-face interview but feel more comfortable with conducting the interview virtually, please speak to a member of our recruitment team.