Manual loading and unloading of freight with the use of a pallet jack, hand truck or forklift, general labor, and warehouse maintenance. Take full charge of the assigned receiving area. Know the proper location and receiving process for all accounts. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive cargo from incoming trucks by removing from truck by hand, or by using manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack, or by using forklift.
- Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received, knowing when to either refuse or accept with notation.
- Record receipts to appropriate forms and/or log books.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Sort cargo received by account or intended location, and store in proper location.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Perform forklift duties, and learn to containerize basic loads.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Minimum one to three years related experience.
- Minimum one year industry experience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
- Forklift Driver Certification.
- Valid state issued driver's license.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck and pallet jack.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Consistently at work and on time.
Travel is not required in this position.
Work is generally performed in a warehouse office environment with standard office equipment available and adequate lighting; and with varying road and traffic conditions. Warehouse environment includes exposure to high noise, moving machinery and/or vehicles, dust and warm temperatures, and working closely with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.