SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an intern to work part time in our Proposal Management department at SRC's North Syracuse, NY campus beginning in October 2019. The Proposal Management department provides services related to developing, coordinating and publishing technical documents including proposals, white papers, contract deliverables (e.g., final reports, monthly status reports, technical manuals, training materials) and presentations.
- Support the Proposal Management team with writing, editing, document creation, formatting, updating, and printing
- Utilize communications skills to present complex information in a manner that resonates with an audience who may have either technical or non-technical backgrounds
- Learn about federal government solicitations and proposal development and management processes
- Assist with daily business operations and general office duties as needed
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of two years of college completed
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be available to work 10 to 20 hours a week between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. during the academic year
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail, and interest in learning more about proposal development and management
- Ability to adhere to detailed instructions
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) for both publishing and graphic development
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Resourceful and able/willing to investigate solutions to problems before involving others
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.