The Clinical Research Physician will provide medical coverage for the Covance Clinical Research Unit (CCRU). As Principal Investigator/SubInvestigator, he/she is responsible for assuring the health and welfare of participants, performing medical procedures, ensuring proper conduct of the study trial, responding to all related medical decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for protecting the rights, safety and welfare of participants under their care.
- Responsible for ensuring that the clinical trial is conducted according to the investigational plan and all applicable regulations.
- Provide medical and scientific feasibility of all new sponsor inquires.
- Direct test article administration or dispensation.
- Review and evaluate protocols and provide clinical and scientific support.
- Liaise with sponsor regarding study design and site capabilities.
- Interact with regulatory bodies as is relevant to clinical operations.
- Attend study initiation meetings.
- Present protocols at IRB/IEC meetings, as required.
- Assist Operations and Client Managers with sponsor visits.
- Perform pre-study physical examinations and review lab data to ensure volunteers are medically and mentally fit upon entering the study.
- Perform on-study and post-study physical examinations to ensure that the physical and mental well being of volunteers is undiminished at the end of the study.
- Inform Principal Investigator, IRB and Sponsor as appropriate of relevant events.
- Review and sign CRFs at the conclusion of the study.
- Delegate the above as appropriate.
- Act as Principal Investigator/Co-Investigator as assigned by the Medical Director
- Weekend and off-hours work as necessary
- Active and unrestricted Wisconsin Medical License
- DEA license ideal
- CPR/AED Certified
- Minimum of 3-5 years medical practice experience
- Experience with clinical drug trials highly preferred
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.